Click here to read the article.
Click here to read the original article.
The Silverlight Dynamic Languages SDK is available on CodePlex.
From the apache.org website:
“At OSCON, Microsoft announced their Sponsorship of The Apache Software Foundation, joining Google and Yahoo! at Platinum level. The generous contributions by Sponsoring organizations and individuals help offset the day-to-day operating expenses to advance the work of The ASF.”
More information by Sam Ramji can be found here.
The new release is available for download.
Arun Gupta has posted a nice article on his blog describing the new features:
- Enhanced Code Completion
- Database-related code snippets
- Multiple project configurations
- Find Usages
- Java SE Project Integration
- Grails support
- Javadoc Analyzer
- Call Hierarchy
- CamelCase code completion
- New Multithreaded Debugging Support
- Debugging Window
- Current Thread Chooser
Additional enhancements have been made to
- Web Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, JSF, JSF CRUD Generator, JPA)
- GUI Builder
- Web Services
- Improvements to XML and Schema Tools
- CodeGear: Working hard to rejuvenate its legacy;
- CodeGear: Extending the Borland legacy to Ruby and PHP developers.
Justin states that ”CodeGear’s .NET products are expanding in new directions, which include RIA development and targeting other platforms (through systems such as Mono)”.
Will we be able to write rich internet applications using Delphi and targeting both .NET and Mono platforms?