Microsoft Patterns & Practices: Prism for the Windows Runtime – My favourite resources
This project contains a complete guidance for building Windows Store apps using C# and XAML and includes the following resources:
- AdventureWorks Shopper Reference Implementation (RI): a complete sample built using the Prism library and applying the guidance;
- Source code for the Prism library and the RI;
- Complete documentation (online and free e-book) including quick-starts for Validation, Event Aggregation and MVVM;
- Prism for the Windows Runtime Templates for Visual Studio.
Big kudos to all the p & p team: they did an amazing job and I personally felt honored to have the possibility of providing feedback whilst the project was in development.
This is really a great guidance for building Windows Store applications that can be easily tested, maintained and extended: every developer building complex apps will benefit from it.
Other useful links:
- Pluralsight course “Building Windows Store Business Apps with Prism” by Brian Noyes;
- WinRT Business apps article series on SilverlightShow;
- Patterns & Practices: Prism for the Windows Runtime by David Britch.
Happy coding everyone!