Download Windows Phone SDK 7.1.1 Update!
The WPSDK 7.1.1 Update provides a WPSDK patch that enables developers to develop and test for the recently announced Windows Phone 7.5 256 MB devices, as well to run the WPSDK 7.1 on the Windows 8 Consumer Preview release via the following:
- Updated 512 MB OS Emulator Image: An updated build Windows Phone OS 7.1 (Build 8773)
- New 256 MB OS Emulator Image: A new Windows Phone OS 7.1 emulator image (Build 8773) that emulates running on 256 MB devices
- Emulator Choice: Ability to debug or run your WP apps in either the 256 MB or 512 MB emulator
- Windows 8 Support: An updated emulator is included, which can run on Windows 8
- IntelliSense support for adding the new 512 MB requirement to the Windows Phone App Manifest file
News since the CTP release last month:
- ‘Go Live’ license: The update now has a ‘Go Live’ license; developers running WPSDK 7.1.1 are now empowered to publish their Windows Phone apps to the Windows Phone Marketplace
- Full Localization: WPSDK now supports all 10 IDE languages; and the OS image now has Malay and Indonesian
- Windows 8 Support: The updated emulator will now run on Windows 8; note that the OS is still not officially supported by developer support until the final OS release
Windows Phone SDK 7.1.1 Update CTP Download Center page
For additional information on this release, please refer the post on the WP Developer Blog.