The new book “Microsoft Silverlight 4 Business Application Development: Beginners Guide” by Cameron Albert and Frank LaVigne is now available:
This is the overview taken from the publisher site:
- An introduction to building enterprise-ready business applications with Silverlight quickly.
- Get hold of the basic tools and skills needed to get started in Silverlight application development.
- Integrate different media types, taking the RIA experience further with Silverlight, and much more!
- Rapidly manage business focused controls, data, and business logic connectivity.
- A suite of business applications will be built over the course of the book and all examples will be geared around real-world useful application developments, enabling .NET developers to focus on getting started in business application development using Silverlight.
I’ve just received my copy and I’m looking forward to read it in the next days!
Update: review on Amazon
I’ve just inserted a review on Amazon, you can read it here:
“A different approach for learning Silverlight
The writing style is clear. The authors guide the reader in learning many topics about Silverlight by using practical examples, starting from the basics and arriving to Rich-Media, Deep Zoom, WCF RIA Services and an introduction to the Expression suite.
The included source code for the WCF RIA examples is not updated for the latest version of the framework, however it can be easily upgraded to work with Silverlight 4 RTW.
It’s not a complete reference to Silverlight 4 but it contains useful samples for real scenarios.”